By using the Community, you agree to be bound by these Community Guidelines. If you do not agree, you must not access or use the Community.
1. Permission to Use the Community.
To access and use the Community, you must be of the legal age of majority in your respective jurisdiction and comply with the Behavior Guidelines (2.), the Content Guidelines (3.), and any other rules in the Community Guidelines.
2. Behavior Guidelines.
To ensure a friendly and polite atmosphere, we kindly ask you to follow these rules:
• You may not break the law while using the Community. Follow all applicable laws, keep your word, honor your agreements, and respect the rights of other Community users.
• You may not impersonate others through the Community or use (or try to use) another’s account on the Community without their specific permission.
• You may not buy, sell, or otherwise trade in usernames or other unique identifiers on the Community.
• You may not spam, send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through the Community, or use the Community to send emails to distribution lists, newsgroups, or group mail aliases, or to gather addresses or other personal data for commercial mailing lists or databases.
• You may not automate access to the Community, or monitor the Community, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or any other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the Community to index it for a publicly available search engine if you run one.
• You may not falsely imply that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Siemens.
• You may not hyperlink to (i) images or other non-hypertext content on the Community on other webpages, or (ii) webpages that violate these Community Guidelines.
• You may not remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from the Community.
• You may not show any part of the Community on other web pages via iframe.
• You may not disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the Community.
• You may not strain the infrastructure of the Community with an unreasonable volume of requests or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying the Community.
• You may not disrupt the Community or interfere with the ability of others to use it.
• You may not engage in activities that manipulate or artificially inflate Community statistics. There are several statistics in place in the Community that are used to measure performance and overall health of the community. You may not purposely attempt to inflate a particular statistic to promote yourself in the community. For example, creating a duplicate account to give yourself more kudos.
• You may not encourage or help anyone in violating these Community Guidelines.
3. Content Guidelines.
Please keep in mind that the content you will find in this Community is created by users, not by Siemens. This means that the views and opinions expressed are those of their authors and not of Siemens. Also, please note that any external websites linked to user-generated content are not under our control, and we cannot take responsibility for their content. We encourage you to use your judgment when relying on information shared within the Community.
To ensure a positive and respectful environment, we kindly ask you to follow these rules:
• Act lawfully: Do not submit content to the Community that violates any laws, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights, or breaches agreements you have with others.
• Be respectful: Do not submit inappropriate content to the Community including but not limited to explicit material and any other content that is offensive or otherwise harmful to others. Think before you post and respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome if they are offered courteously. Respect people’s time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and version. People like helping those who ask good questions.
• Be relevant: Make sure your contributions are relevant to this Community and to the specific category or board where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations inviting members to join, participate in, or buy something are never relevant.
• Think before you post and do not harm: This includes that you must not submit content to the Community:
o containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses or spyware.
o as a mere placeholder, to hold a particular address, username, or other unique identifier.
o for which you do not have the right to disclose, like others’ confidential or personal information. Protect your privacy and do not share the personal information of others without their consent. For example, don’t post your or anyone else’s software ID or contact information publicly, and do not allow anyone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.
o which contains (i) “rants”, “slams”, or legal threats against Siemens, another company, or any person, (ii) political statements or commentary, (iii) off-topic comments not related to a technical or usage issue regarding a Siemens product, (iv) language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them, or (v) any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
4. Content Rights.
• Nothing in these terms gives Siemens any ownership rights in intellectual property that you share with the Community, such as your account information, posts, or other content you submit to the Community. Nothing in these terms gives you any ownership rights in Siemens’ intellectual property either. Between you and Siemens, you remain solely responsible for the content you submit to the Community. You agree not to wrongly imply that the content you submit to the Community is sponsored or approved by Siemens. Siemens is not obligated to store, maintain, or provide copies of the content you submit, and to change it, according to these Community Guidelines. The content you submit to the Community belongs to you, and you decide what permission you give to others for it. But at a minimum, you allow Siemens to provide content that you submit to the Community to other users of the Community. That special license allows Siemens to copy, publish, and analyze content you submit to the Community. When content you submit is removed from the Community, whether by you or by Siemens, our special license ends when the last copy disappears from our backups, caches, and other systems. Other licenses that apply to content you submit, such as Creative Commons licenses, may continue after your content is removed. Those licenses may give others, or Siemens itself, the right to share your content through the Community again. Others who receive content you submit to the Community may violate the terms on which you license your content. You agree that Siemens will not be liable to you for those violations or their consequences.
• Siemens welcomes your feedback and suggestions for the Community and may use them without notifying or compensating you. You agree that Siemens can act on your feedback without asking your permission or giving you notice. Please do not submit confidential or proprietary feedback.
5. Your Account.
To use certain features of the Community, you must create an account. To create an account, you must provide some information about yourself. If you create an account, you agree to provide, at a minimum, a valid email address, and to keep that address up to date. You are responsible for all actions taken using your account and must notify Siemens immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use. You may close your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Community Moderators and Administrators.
You will see some Community members who are a moderator or administrator. These folks’ primary purpose is to help keep the Community running smoothly and report any issues. On occasion, they will answer questions, particularly those regarding how to use and navigate the site. They will assist you where they can – some are technical experts and some are not. You may not evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from Siemens Community moderators or administrators. Always follow their instructions and cooperate.
Please note that we may take actions to monitor compliance, report violations, and enforce these Community Guidelines as described in the ‘Monitoring, Reporting, Enforcement’ section of the ToU.
If you have any questions or complaints, you can contact us at email@example.com or via the form on Contact Us. You agree that we may notify you using the email address you provided for your account on the Community, or by posting a message to the homepage of the Community or your account page.
The Community is provided “as is” without any warranty. This includes that Siemens makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any content submitted or found in the Community. Siemens is not responsible for any services or content provided by others.
We last updated these Community Guidelines on February 1, 2024, and may update them in the future. For updates that contain substantial changes, we will email you if you have created an account and provided a valid email address. We may also announce updates with special messages or alerts on the Community. Once we inform you of any updates to these Community Guidelines, you must agree to the latest version of the Community Guidelines to continue using the Community.